Sunday, July 08, 2007

Why Do you blog??


I hate when I read my posts. They sound so trivial & flimsy, and I want to write stuff which is serious, interesting or funny. I would hate it if my blog is beginning to look like some kind of outlet for my frustrated gay sexual life. I am so much more than that. Aside from that, I am trying to get into the psyche of a regular blogger. This is especially applicable to those who write about their life, like what they did, where they hung out or who they slept with. I can understand why people write book reviews, or why Pratibha Patil should not be chosen President, or why this whole Taj Mahal and seven wonders is a conspiracy by telecom companies to earn more revenue. But what about the rest of our ilk, who write stuff centering about themselves. Why do these people blog? Why do they feel there are people interested to know where they bought their last Mango Dress from?

For me, as I have of late started blogging quite frequently, the reason would be my lack of audience for my histrionics. I am a drama queen, and some may even accuse me that I indulge in attention seeking behavior- -least of which would be finding some hot men to fulfill my fantasies--so I like somebody to be around me, to listen to my continual clamor and tell me how good I am at it. But sadly, life offers no such considerate and lovely friends for me. Every time I read how eM goes to party, or how CT finds his new hot date, I feel I am living through their experience. One might, at this point, feel that I am a complete moron who does not have any sense and lives his life vicariously through other's blogs; but dearies, I am a victim of my circumstances, stranded in a place where I have no option to make new friends or go back to the old ones which I have left behind. therefore, this is the best medium to express myself.

Now there are some inherent problems. Being a media man (sort of) interested in marketing strategy, I find it hard to position my blog correctly. I can't put into one format of blogging. Let's just say Its about me. About my quirks, my fantasies, my nightmares and my idiosyncrasies. Now for my next post, I am gonna write about a woman I admire. ( it's a character, basically). So you might ask how somebody like me fell in love with a woman. Watch for the next post.

1 comment:

  1. ooo a woman....
    go ahead live vicariously...:)
    I started my blog purely to vent
    it'll turn 5 in august
    you'll be surprised how many people want to know about the new mango dress

    ReplyDelete