Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Nocturnal Colorful Experiments

I am putting a few pics which I painted late last night, and considering I had ten others things to do- filing my tax returns, chief among them- I was happy to digress from the usual routine and let my baser instinct take over me. The results are not great. Blame it on camera or the paper I used ( I still haven't been able to locate the art supply shop in Def Col), but it surely looks better on paper. Since I have started dabbling in colors again, I will keep posting my experimentations..


On the subject of my inspiration, I like doing flower or landscape in watercolor. A landscape would have taken 2-3 hours with all those washes and detail that I chose flower over it. Anyway, painting flowers puts me in cheerful mood. I like the bright colors. So here I have. Carnation and Narcissus for all my readers ( and non- readers as well)



7 comments:

  1. You know what, you just got lucky!

    My present state of emotions lead to the judgement that your watercolors are better than Picasso's work!

    At least, in my POV!

    (PS: Check out my blog to find out why!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work. You should continue to hone this habit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are Gooooood ! and quick too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow man, nice stuff. u do paint well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Those paintings are lovely!! I really like the colours!! You should do this more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice paintings. I love the colors. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I just loved your second painting.

    ReplyDelete