Friday, February 22, 2008

What you should not do in a clinic!!

Strange things keep happening to me. Some of them might not be strange to most of the 'normal' people but I am what I am. Strange. Complicated.

Right now, I am very content. I don't know whether it is the long hours that I had I put at office, or the simple meal I ate tonight. Or may be I skipped my workout, but that should have made me feel guilt ridden and unhappy. Speaking of which, last weekend I had to go to a doctor's clinic. Normally, I don't like being kept waiting, even more when I have taken prior appointments, however places where they have lots of magazines that I normally wouldn't buy make me sit there longer and wish for my turn to come a little late. So, here I was sifting through pages of femina ( must have been four-five years since I picked up last copy) and then realized they have a full men's section. Now, I can buy these magazines without feeling 'queer'. So, page after page, there were men. Good looking, muscle bodied men advertising things that I don't need, however, within few minutes I realized I was wrong. I needed all those shoes, shirts, belts, sun glasses, moisturizers. And the weirdest thing, or the most normal - take your pick, I wanted all those men. It took me no time to come to conclude how fucked up my life is. I don't have six pack abs, neither I have a 'hot' boyfriend. No arm candy to strut around. Needless to say I was depressed.

I wonder why these women magazines have started carrying sections on men. What has changed so radically in the last few years that suddenly women have developed this itch to 'groom' their boyfriends/ husbands. I think they just want like me who want to feel about themselves after looking at their pages. It's a cruel cruel world.

Now, I think I must start looking for interesting dates ( there are none, I know. But I am young and I watch chick-flicks).

Have a nice,hmm, let's make it fun filled weekend!!

2 comments: