Thursday, February 21, 2008

Things that my parents told me that they shouldn't have

I love doing those home truths series. I think I don't have to think much while writing them. And the best part is they are very spicy, and the worst part is I didn't realize they were happening to me

Wife of my father's colleague telling my mother that her husband doesn't sleep with her. Which my mother was too happy to share with all and sundry she knew - not realizing the presence of over inquisitive children like me. I took me several months to realize what that lady meant by not having her husband sleeping with her. ( They had had six kids and poor man had not heard of contraceptives)

My mother muttering to herself when we were walking back home that the two lady tailors in the neighborhood shop were 'homosex' ( sic) after they had nicked some of the cloth and made her blouse little too tight. I had to ask her then and there what this word meant and to my surprise she told me.

will add a few more..

3 comments:

  1. hm.. happends at times.. but, if treated with care - isn' it betetr to hear this from parents mouth than getting half baked knowledge from some one else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. --XH--> thanks for being my only reader..I truly admire ur tolerance for the @#&* I write..

    I too think its better to hear things from ur parents, what amazes me most is the prudish attitude and this whole shielding the children from real world by parents..

    ReplyDelete
  3. parents will be parents...
    more like ostriches with their head in the sand

    ReplyDelete