Monday, July 27, 2009

The Monsoon Hungama

It's finally raining here, and what do rains bring with them? Raincoats, umbrellas, chai pakoras, rainy day etc. But being a responsible adult I have gotten over most of these things except one. Yes, Discount sales. This is the time of the year when all the brands I have been eying for past summer season are available for some discount, provided there are some pieces still left in my size. ( Is this only me or does everyone feel that they never get the size of a particular outfit they desire most?)

Speaking of shopping, it always makes me feel good, however short natured my happiness may be post that binge. It's for nothing that they call it retail therapy. There is another thing that takes over me everytime I enter a mall. I feel like a man possesed. I feel like there is a greater calling for me there. I feel I am here for a mission and I have to salvage the earth from these hoardes of shoppers who have come to find precisely those same things which could make my life so better. I have to be quicker, faster and better in findings those items than these lesser mortals and save humanity. I try hard. I scan every one around. Every one else is suspicious of every one else's intention. We are all competing in the same pool, one better be. Resources are scarce, and there is too high a demand ( trust me, you will feel the same way when you see the que outside Benetton showroom in CP. And yes, the que was for billing ).

Well, you win some and you lose some. Not always I grab the best stuff. ( most of the times you can't really wear it till next season. So one has to be Patient.) But I do have reputation for haveing the eye for the best stuff. Stuff which people overlook. Stuff I know will look on a a body than a clothes rack.

So, this year, or rather this sales season, I am holding myself a bit. Reason is the great economic situation. I had a negligible salary raise which can't even compesate for the inflation, let alone for my fashion needs.

But I am happy. There is always a next sale season to stuff on the gooddies.

5 comments:

  1. I have no appreciation for your so-called "Fashion-sense" you self-indulging creep!
    Yes, I know I'm abusing you a lot on your blogs, but it's a fraction of a retaliation to the comments you made towards me in Delhi :)

    Anyway, yes... Sales are oh-so-exciting and I oh-so-regret not being an earning person when they're on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, so true...i went thru my dose of retail therapy this weekend, and now my cupboard brimeth over!

    btw, shopping in blore is not half as much fun as in delhi - i really miss the food & the shopping out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. USP--> What I have done to deserve this? And I never made any comments on you. In public.

    Hina--> hehe, Recessionista is what they call us!!!

    I agree, the shopping in delhi is much more fun. You being a dilli ki kudi will never feel at home in idali-dosa land. ( Btw, i love bangalore too, for its weather and my southie roots)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, not in public... but I never said I was fair!!

    But stop taking it so literally, dude :P You sound practically offended!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In Mumbai it's been overcast for over three weeks. It's a bizarre season of monsoon this time around.

    Kris

    ReplyDelete