Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Alpha version of myself

I watch TV soaps for inspiration. That perhaps sounds pathetic. Perhaps, when you get totally bore, or totally insane, you start looking for meaning in everything inane ( was there some alliteration?)

I find legal dramas very engaging. And once you have some bit of comedy thrown in, and turned it into  a 'Dramady', it becomes my favorite genre. It does not have the usual chest beating sermonizing, instead there are moments when you discover there are small moments, moments that you and I live every second, turned into something dramatic yet subtle which lie buried under mundaneness of life.

In one of these fits of self discovery, I finally saw something that reinforced my belief that "We are different versions of ourselves at different times". Does that sound arcane? Let  me elaborate.

I am a kind person. I like helping people, something that I do without any expectation. But there are moments when I don't feel like helping ( very few, trust me). How do I stop feeling miserable and 'bitch' when I don't help someone, and I know if I help I will not get over the fact that I can't be myself.

Now, this new theory puts everything in perspective. I can be cranky at times without having to feel I am a bad person. and in case, you are wondering where I saw that line, It was 'Boston Legal". And if you wondering about why the post is titled so, any software released for the first time which would have 'bugs' and 'errors' is called alpha version. The problem free ( that's what they claim) comes later and is called 'Beta' Version


8 comments:

  1. I love Boston Legal!! I was actually sad when I heard that Season 5 would be the last one.

    Anyways, I know exactly what you are talking about ... :P ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. usp--> your 'umm' says it all

    Ramby--> This whole thing was written in some sort of delirium..I am glad that someone gets it..i wish I was more articulate :)

    and I love 'boston legal' too, in fact all legal dramas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. Ignore me.

    Passion is good!
    I should start watching more TV. And not just gay-ish british stuff. Real dramas that I could discuss with others.
    That's my new year resolution.

    No, my new year resolution is to get a boyfriend.


    Who am I kidding!

    What's YOUR new year resolution?

    ReplyDelete
  4. USP--> you are bang on about the 'gay-ish' British dramas. In the process of affecting british accent, I realized very late that most of the time it sounds very gay, and humor mostly falls flat on indian audiance *sigh*

    I am very bad with resolutions..My blog started with a resolution post I guess. last year it was getting a 'buffed' punju body, which I almost got before succumbing to my fetish for chocolate cakes.

    this year round, my resolution is to save money and stop my indulgances

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Buffed punju body?? Almost got?? *drools*
    I may have to dig up and accept a belated and possibly satirical invitation to a drink with you at PnP that you sent forth some time ago ;)

    Just realised that your blog is rather old. I have a lot to catch up on :)
    Shall get on it, I shall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you should've let u guess which "dramady" it was
    help don't help
    we're always trying to figure out this whole me and not me distinction
    a word of caution, define yourself in terms of what you are and not by what you're not, and you'll find yourself more positive than negative....

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehe I like Boston Legal too :P

    *asking myself* So according to this theory: Am i Alpha male?? *i think i am** :)

    ReplyDelete