Wednesday, August 08, 2007

In Which I attend A dance school Part II

Well, the last post seemed more like-blowing my own trumpet kinda thing. But, Hey!! I do get such liberties on my blog. Though, the last post was about attending dance school, I had only described my visit to a school and dance was nowhere in picture. And, picture perfect it was: My dance instructor. Contrary to popular belief, when even my family thought I am going there for hook ups, I went to dance school purely to learn dance.

Having never moved a single muscle in my entire life, except those which are used for eating and sleeping, I was/am a pathetic dancer. Not taking things as they are is an old habit of mine, and I sought to change this by joining the dance academy. While I was keen on some Social Dancing ( according to their definition all form of dances where you have a partner are social dances: as if being single & gay is crime and unsocial), they refused to take me for lack of a partner. Hmm, I was on my dance instructor ( not literally). So, he cajoled me to join the so called Jazz dance classes ( not that he had to try much :)), and asked me to come at appointed hour. He looked quite promising while shaking his legs, and I happily signed wishing one day I will be making the same moves . The moment he saw me again next day, wearing a body clinging vest and very very tight lowers, he Flashed a big smile. And, there is was. An athletic lithe body with sweat beading drops all over his forehead, his sinuous hands curving like one of those undulated bolsters which had been subjected with a corpulent body. He welcomed us all and flashed a big smile. And for the first time, I saw it clearly: what I had been missing all along. He had the ugliest, the palest- or shall I call them brown- teeth in the universe. How could people take such simple things for granted, could he have not used a better toothbrush. Or what's these days wrong with our Babool, Close up, Colgate and Pepsodent. Why god has to make every nice looking bloke with a flaw that cannot be condoned.

Anyways, I even shudder to think how his breath will smell. Now, I am always keeping a safe distance and doing my routine correctly-as much as possible- so that he never comes to correct my position and I have to beat that sight again. Up, close, and not so personal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment