Monday, May 25, 2009

It's totally Random

Though, I had gone through the existential crisis a few years back, I had not imagined that it would come to haunt me again and I will be caught unawares. Afterall, I was sad, lonely and depressed. How worse it could have got? 

Worse it did get.

 A few weeks back, I received a message, on one of the social networking site I am present, from a person whose picture looked all too familiar. Fake pics are in no shortage on such sites. Everyone knows how an Indian girl conned a dutch man making him believe she was Aishwarya Roy. 

Networking sites, such as the one I was present on has a few popular choices. The message I got had none of the usual suspects. The pic- instantly identifiable by any one who follows the Indian fashion industry even remotely-- had me taken completly by surprise. I hardly have the looks to receive messages from decent looking men, let alone this man. Therefore, I decided this is a fake pic and needs to go to deleted messages. Boredom and curiosity got better of me after I deliberated on it and sent a reply hoping against hope I will receive any reply.

A week later, I get a sms on my phone saying that it was HIM. ( Yes, I sent him my number, I am that desperate. Get over it!) I am all too excited to find that not only is he replying back but he is also real. Real? Do I actually know for sure he is for real, not some fake guy like ipl player. Being the pathological cynic, I demand to speak to him and he smses back saying he is in a meeting.

Ahh, I thought I had caught him.

After an hour, I got a call. The voice was all too familiar, it cannot not be him. I am very good with voices and was sure about him. We chatted briefly and I couldn’t contain my excitement.

From then one, we regularly started messaging each other and talking whenever HE got time ( He is the busy guy, not me).

He had asked me to send him my clear pics, which I did. And suddenly the messages stopped coming.

Hehe.

Big Deal?

Before I go any further, let me write something about the mystery man. Though, it will not be ethical to reveal his name, I can give some general hints.

He is a fashion designer who has made a name for himself in India and abroad within a very short span. He is Young – important for me coz I don’t date above a certain age when I told this to my ex best friend he thought I was referring to Vijay Arora—intelligent, well read with a middle class background.

He offered me a job on our very first call. He asked me to become his business advisor since I was the MBA type who knew his finance and fashion. Though, I didn’t commit anything to him as I was overwhelmed by the fact that I was speaking to this GUY, I was secretly hoping that perhaps this was the chance I could switch career

He was the Indian YSL and I was his business partner.

The fantasy was too short lived.

There is more to it, will write in the part ii

 

 

 

 

 

   

5 comments:

  1. OMG, I want absolutely complete details! With names and everything!

    WHEN do I see you on chat?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe...write your exams and get well soon!

    We Shall Talk :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh... very interesting... I too want his details..

    ReplyDelete
  4. CT-->well, I am more intrigued by these overtures than you guys. I mean are they blind??

    Bloggingknight--> hehe, i wish i could give the details..Read the next post if you are interested ( so much for the self promotion)

    ReplyDelete