Saturday, November 10, 2007

Laugh like a man!!

I have a secret. Not much a secret, but a tiny little detail about me which I am too embarrassed to share with others. Now, I tend to believe that every mortal has one nagging habit or other that she is cagey about letting other people know, but what are some of those things. But, this irritating habit of mine has put me in enough problems already and, I have noticed a pattern. I do it when I get nervous. Now, I am curious to know what others do when they get nervous. so a few comments might help :)

I laugh. Yea, that's what I do when I get real nervous. I don't know how it all started. Perhaps, it started when someone told me that I look much better while smiling, the other thing that they told me that I had really thick lips and it looked hideous ( Which, now I have come to realize is what people pay exorbitant price in cosmetic surgery clinics for getting the "Jolie" look). So, I have stopped smiling the way I used to in my childhood but I have perfected the art of pouting without people knowing that it's a pout -- similar to the way, I have been tucking my stomach for all my life so that it looks almost flat. Despite my perennial pout, I started to break into laughter when I realized that I must turn myself into "happy go lucky" person. This happy go luck state also stayed for along time and left me with propensity to laugh at most inopportune moments. Sample this-- at my gym, my trained has handed me a difficult weight and in the middle of the set when i am not able to continue, instead of growling in pain I laugh. You may find it amusing but not my trainer, who must think what an imbecile person I am. My boss told me that the last assignment was not up to the mark, and I LAUGHED. ( though later on, looking at his reaction I did feel like laughing). I laughed when a friend told me that his mother was critically ill, I laughed when my colleague asked me if I ever had any body massage ( Did he know that I was gay? was what I feared ), I laughed when my neighbours told me that in our absence a thief had broken into our home..so the list is endless.

So, what's your secret?

2 comments:

  1. well, i had my fair share of landing in soup coz of this laughter. when i am in thinkof an argumnet, or when i am listening to the serious discussion between friends, i tend to laugh. man, cant say howmany time i ex-gf got pissed off with this. and yeah - i too tuck in my tummy so that it look flat ;-) but what i found out is, teh laughter have a sooting, calming effect on me - after the laugh, ifeel more collected, more controlled and more 'in charge' but teh sad thing is, my laguhter would have mad ethe oterh ppl off their rockers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great info to know.

    ReplyDelete